Wednesday 31 October 2007

iLiKETRAiNS


For all the attention they have received of late it has probably been over a year since I dipped my toe in any iLiKETRAiNS material.

The huge awe inspiring feel of this short instrumental evokes nothing but fear.

iLiKETRAiNS - LONDONTOBRiGHTONAT700MPH

Taken from the bootleg THE iNDiCTMENT its a reminder that even in their early work there has always been something wholly intoxicating and unique.

They somehow seem to systematically fall out of my head. Which is upsetting when I glance over this band so often. But then, its a fairly enveloping and euphoric feeling when I discover them all over again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mulrine--thanks for the add to your blogroll! i knew i recognized your name from other folks' comments boxes but i didn't know you had a blog. i add you to mine, too. : )

Steph Mulrine said...

Awww. Thank you.

I love inter-blog-love.

Colin said...

inter-blog-love can be a very wonderful thing.

and hello marcy!

:)

i heart the train people a great deal, the musical, historical stories they tell are magical, sad and uplifting all at the same time.

i hope they come back to glasgow soon.

Shaun said...

good band, i hate bloody trains though! thats what happens when you have to use the tube everyday though!
x

Steph Mulrine said...

I don't mind my train ride. As long as it is homeward bound.

Gives me time to just 'be'.

Arguably not a good thing then.

Anonymous said...

homeward bound is the best direction