Tuesday 5 April 2011

I am not ready to accept that it is over..


The last time I saw LCD Soundsystem cannot be the last time I would ever see LCD Soundsystem.

A proper farewell tour. Is it really too much to ask? Murphy has been threatening it for so long I didn't think it would be quite so abrupt. So it can't have happened. It is not over. The part-time hipster portion of my life is not ready for retirement.

The Kübler-Ross model of the stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. I am in denial. And acceptance right now seems like something that will never ever occur.

This article nearly made me cry.

I know that when I watch the final gig I will definitely cry. I shall inform you if it helps me through any of the other stages of grief.



If somehow the Pitchfork version makes a reappearance onto the internet please someone let me know. And obviously I shall do the same.

No comments: