Monday 21 June 2010

Radiohead


Pretending I don't hate everything

For those of you who don't know, I wrote my undergraduate dissertation on Radiohead and the release of the album In Rainbows. While some might believe that makes me a seasoned expert, it doesn't. It makes me bitter. Full of regret. Wishing I'd have thought better. I hated myself long before the end of the project. And hated Radiohead fans. And most of all, I hated Radiohead. In the delirium of it all I bought a t-shirt and mug to wear and use almost constantly during my all-nighters to get the burden complete. Once the monstrous beast had been defeated there was some reprieve. And then I had to go see them live again! Bastards! I'd bought the tickets an eternity before the project began and then about 3 weeks after my needlessly in-depth encounter I was due to see them live in Manchester.

The above picture was my posing in between mumbling expletives about Thom Yorke.

I did enjoy it. There is no doubt. However, it was unfortunately timed during my much needed Radiohead detox.

The news that their new album is nearly finished and will be released later this year has dragged up some odd feelings. Thanks 6 Music!

Readers, please don't let me study it this time!

Radiohead - Weird Fishes / Arpeggi from Stephen Blacker on Vimeo.

1 comment:

drew said...

mmmm Radiohead, they're alright I suppose.