Tuesday 2 November 2010

I Hate You Just Kidding


This sounds terrible, but I find it really quite a challenge to enjoy music like this nowadays. My housemate/dead-weight-round-my-neck/best friend/surrogate-incapable-teenage-son is actually fuelled by this sort of thing and, therefore, all car journeys will be accompanied by a very narrow spectrum of music. He has ruined it for me. Moron.

Coupled with the fact that all fucking mobile network adverts seems to be plundering every ounce of cute-twee-idyllic music to peddle and promote more rampant consumerism.

"I have such a beautiful, summery existence and spend most of my time frolicking in meadows. But I still need a brand new phone with the latest and most irrelevant technology every year! Now, now, now! I want a new fucking phone now! Otherwise the guy in the independent bookstore might not fancy me. Or I'll lose the ability to frost perfect cupcakes. Or I might start liking X Factor. A NEW PHONE NOW!"

Hello hipster, you probably don't have that many friends because your self-absorbed existence renders you unfit for human interaction. And you can't see past the irony of your alternative-seeking life actually further playing into the hands of the niche capitalists who have your every wish planned, mapped out and controlled remotely.

Or something.

But it must be the vocals of My Little Dove with breaks in the voice as Jessi Fulghum sings that remind me of Tracyanne Campbell from the glorious Camera Obscura which have won me over.

I Hate You Just Kidding - My Little Dove [via YouSendIt for 7 days]

And the deep tones of the other half of this duo, Jeremy Brock really add in Speakeasy, as does the pace.

I Hate You Just Kidding - Speakeasy [via YouSendIt for 7 days]

You are all probably going to like them. A lot.

No comments: