Tuesday 28 August 2007

On a personal note..

I recently received some news that completely shattered my world. It's hard to kind of put into words, which I suppose is fairly suprising for me, but it is one of those things that I'd never had to deal with before.

It is very hard to factor this loss and change into my life.

But I can't hide away forever and just because I've not been listening to the hippest, hottest, coolest, freshest new tracks shouldn't mean anything. Because my blog wasn't always intended to be like all the other super cool, cutting edge blogs.

A reader (who is now a very good friend of mine) once said that the whole appeal to him of reading my blog was that I blatantly wasn't influenced by others and that it was nice to get little fragments of the ongoings of my life and how that effected what I listened to.

Well, what I've been listening to has generally been fairly depressing, cathartic and heart-wrenching tracks to grieve to.

Please be supportive of Pop Cultureddd in this time. And as I scramble back to my feet in a bid to achieve some sort of changed medium there may be changes. Less pussy-footing, more criticism and more randomness of my writing style.

He'd have hated for me to become mediocre.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been reading your blog for quite some time now and to be honest, i don't want to be listening to the "hippest, hottest, coolest, freshest new tracks"; i think this is why you fit into my life so well. you're original and this is what i lust after more than anything else!

we love you pop cultureddd.

CEC said...

The DNS love Popcultureddd as well! We still hold on to the dream that we will one day dance upon the Big Apple...

Steph Mulrine said...

Thanks for both of those lovely comments.

I love you too anonymous reader.

And I very much love DN and the dream of dancing in NY.

D.B. said...

Hope you're okay.

Keep on keepin' on.

x

DB