Sunday 24 June 2018

How Do You Sleep?

Dogged by nightmares, if you must know.

Rumour floating round Reddit - reputable source - has it that this LCD Soundsystem epic track is basically James Murphy coming for Tim Goldsworthy, co-founder of DFA. Seemingly he buggered off to the UK with their equipment. And knowing that the lyrics are pretty scathing.

Love a bit of drama, me like.

Beyond the lyrical battle, the colossal composition of this track journeys through stirring, then to impassioned and explodes into the frenzied. So it basically echoes my current day-to-day internal battle.



The book Meet Me in the Bathroom: Rebirth and Rock and Roll in New York City 2001-2011 is supposed to be a good read for some insight. But academia has ruined my ability to read for pleasure. Gimme an audio version so I can rest my weary, tear-sodden eyes.

No comments: